Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two Years...Seriously?

Ummm, yes.  That's right.  It's been two years since I've blogged.  

I don't know what this means about me.  I've really embraced other means of electronic communication, however I have yet to truly adopt the blog- or the act of regular blogging.

Let's just call a spade a spade.  I've let life get in the way.  I've become far too wrapped up in everything else and I put the lil' ol' blog on the back burner...for two years. 

BUT...now I'm back!  I can't promise a certain posting frequency, but I definitely plan on keeping readers updated on the happenings of the BonBon jewel business and the life of the jewel designer-maker.  These {jewel} babies are too important to not be talked about regularly!  They are each so unique and special and they're flying out of my hands these days at an average of about 150 pieces per month!

The biggest difference in my jewelry world since 2008 is the fact that I have now achieved true "Confectionery Couture Contentment" and I have now correctly spelled the word, 'Confectionery' in the title of my blog.  That's right, folks.  I misspelled it before and NO ONE- not one of you- told me!  Misspellings are such a peeve for me and yet I had been spelling one of the most delicious words in my life incorrectly.  Oye.

Moving ON, though...  

As I was saying, I have truly achieved the contentment I was striving for when I first developed this blog.  The words 'confectionery couture' are meaningful because my jewelry line is called, "BonBon" which means 'candy' in French.  The jewelry may not be true couture, but it's that special to me!  

This business began as something that was very much an addition to the full time advertising work I was doing every day.  I always had hopes and dreams of designing jewelry full time and my dream came true this past August!

I had to quit my full time job just to have time to fulfill the demands that had been placed on me with my jewelry business.  It was also around this time that I was nominated by the people (YOU!) for Best Designer in the Austin Fashion Awards.  This all just continues to blow my mind!  It's such a beautiful, beautiful thing.

In addition to my incredible family and friends, I have my amazing husband to thank.  Kevin Funny was (and is) so supportive, realistic, thoughtful, hilarious and intelligent as he and I joined heads to figure out how to make this work.  It's my passion and it brings me so much joy!  I love the pursuit of my new career: jewelry design!  :D

I'm glad to be back.  There's much more to come, so hang with me and follow along if you so desire.

Cheers to my wonderful customers, family and friends!  I hope I can continue to design jewels that make you feel GREAT.  It's only my number 1 goal!

Thanks for picking up this ol' "book" and dusting it off.  Oh, and please don't laugh at my prior posts...  Bless my heart.

We all know that the best blogs are loaded with photos, so here's a snapshot of the BonBon line today:




Check out my Facebook group page or http://micahyancey.etsy.com to see more of the latest and greatest of the BonBon line.  Thank you, Friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! You're blogging again! You know I'll be following. ;)

FYI: Your pieces are most definitely couture. They're all handmade, one-of-a-kind pieces with extreme attention to detail that results in beautifully finished, polished pieces. Don't sell yourself short my dear!